Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Corpin Family Updates

I'm so glad spring is finally here! So much has been going on lately! Our school year is winding down...which is good cause I'm going through spring burnout...not completely but just ready to be able to do some learning outdoors!

We have 8wks until hubby and I go to Cancun, Mexico on vacation. This will be our first childless vacation since our honeymoon 9yrs ago..which by the way our Anniversary is this Thursday! Dh is taking me golfing and out to Dinner! I"m really excited.

The kids got to go on their first Adventurer Fieldtrip to the East County Fire Department! That was a lot of fun! We learned a lot and really enjoyed it!

Dh called me today and really encouraged me. He said he was so thankful that I homeschool the kids! I've always had his passive support, you know the kind where they consent but don't really participate or comment much on it. So this phone call brought me to tears! He said he had heard a story on the radio where a girl with autism was being made fun of at school. The other kids were actually throwing rocks at her! He told me he doesn't tell me enough how grateful he is that I do this and how important it is to him! Wow God is good! Right now I'm reading the bood "Homeschooling with a Meek & Quiet Spirit" by Teri Maxwell! It is so good and I'm learning so much!

Kaylee read her first Hooked on Phonics book today and Micah is almost done with his 1st Grade Phonics "Word Mastery".

We are moving in a couple of months. Our lease is up at the end of July and the owners are moving back into the house. After some thought we have decided we are staying in Washougal which I'm happy about because the kids have friends here and they are apart of Camas Home River Link. And we have a great church family! So I'm hoping that we will be able to find a house to rent on land...that's really what I want!!

Last but not least I injured my foot from walking barefoot on our hardwood floors. I got Perineal tendinitis and have to wear inserts until it heals. Thankfully it's nothing too serious and should be better in a few weeks!

God is good all the time!!

No comments: