Monday, August 16, 2010

2010-2011 Homeschool Planning:)

We are starting our new schoolyear soon! We were planning are starting August 1st and I did some curriculum planning but trying to start without having an organized space just doesn't work!

Here's our learning space before...



Yikes!!! So unorganized! There is no way we could do any learning in here! Our schoolroom is in our oversized garage! It's perfect because we never use the garage for parking cars and my hubby is happy cause everything stays out there...well for the most part:)

Here is our Schoolroom now:)


Our cute little blue table! This has been one of our favorite little tables:)


Our new art caddy. This was a $3 purchase at Goodwill. Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose...that's my mantra! Having this set up has now made the kids so excited about coloring and drawing! It looks cool too!


In the larger tubs are their toys and manipulatives. There are supplies, centers and craft supplies in the white storage towers. In the smaller tower is all of there paper (colored, sketch, cardstock, art..etc)


The whole space. Check out the new (another cheap thriftstore purchase) table. It is sooo cool!


The blank carpet space is where their desks are going to go...I'm soooo excited to get those soon! And they are so excited to have their own personal workspace!


More of this great table and their supply crates underneith. I'm going to plan out their work a month at a time and put it all in file folders along with their school books in these crates. That way it's all ready for me to fill their workboxes each day!


This book case holds my teacher's manuals, homeschool magazines and curriculum. The white storage towers to the left of the bookcase are their workboxes! We love workboxing! It makes things run so much more smoothly!! Next to that are little tubs with their most used supplies (pencils, markers & crayons)


Here is our game shelf and our library! I Love books! I've weeded out quite a few but still have so many! You can almost never have too many books:)

Thanks for checking out our schoolroom! It's a work in progress and it's so nice to have. I got tons of inspiration from here:

Not Back to School Blog Hop

Check out all the schoolrooms they have posted on here and all the other fun stuff they will have throughout the month of August!

3 comments:

~marci~ said...

What a way to start the year! Looks like a great learning environment!

Samantha said...

What a great a space! I love how you can open the garage door for some natural daylight right in the school room! And I LOVE the art caddy idea. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open when we go thrifting this weekend.

Sparklee said...

Wow--what an awesome space for learning! It looks so fun and inviting!

Have a great year of homeschooling!