2012 was a big year! We hit the 1yr mark of trying to conceive at the end of May. I was really discouraged because it just wasn't happening and I didn't think it would ever happen. So in June we decided to fly out to Texas to visit my Aunt and Uncle. We spent 12 days there and it was wonderful! It had been so long since I was able to spend quality time with them. I feel like my bond with them was strengthened. My Aunt reminds me of my mom! It was so nice! After our vacation and a nice long talk with my Aunt I decided that I was ready to do something different so I enrolled in College to finish my associates degree. I chose a major of Early Childhood Education and picked the hardest classes I needed to take to get them out of the way. I started in September with Algebra 3 (my nemesis), English 102 (research paper writing), and Environmental Health (my easy class). I was able to get scholarships and grants to cover all of my tuition and supplies. Around this same time Justin lost his job so we decided to not try for a baby but also not prevent. I was so tired of all of that stress and it wasn't happening anyways. So school started and I loved it. I was still homeschooling the kids and that was going well too. Two weeks into school as we were getting settled into our routine, I decided to take a pregnancy test because I had no symptoms! Lol! And low and behold it was positive!! We were in complete shock and so excited!
So here we are with no job, just starting school and now pregnant! Thankfully a week or so later Justin got a job. Then morning sickness or should I say all day sickness hit. I thought I could do it all but I was so sick and exaughsted. The Lord opened another door for us and we were able to get our kids into our church's private school. It was really hard for me but the kids transitioned well and I didn't end up feeling so guilty about being chained to the couch during the day. I was also lucky enough to not get sick until my classes were over for the day so fall term went well and I finished with 2 A's and 1 B:) I was elated!
My pregnancy went smoothly and we were so excited when our little girl arrived on June 20, 2013! She is such a wonderful miracle and we just adore her! I also finished out my school year with straight A's!
No comments:
Post a Comment