Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where's my imagination??


I think I am drowning in uncreativity! Maybe it's the weather, or our colds, or cabin fever....but I am so lacking in imagination! I want to do something fun and creative with the kids! I'm so tired of the monotony of everyday. And lately it seams that more and more time is spent in front of the TV, computer or video games. So I spend hours scouring the many blogs I follow for inspiration, search through magazines, pick through books...all in the hopes that I will find the ultimate fun thing that will spark our imaginations and passion for life! What do I get out of it? Lots of wasted time not spent with my children! Yes we do our schoolwork and yes I try to compete my house work but it's with that lack of luster and passion that I so desire! I'm reading books that will stir that emotion and get me motivated but I seem to be stuck! Maybe it's the yearly burnout that has hit, maybe it's because we've been sick for 3wks +, maybe it's this horrible no fun weather we've been having. Seriously though I'd love to just pack my family up and go on a week long camping trip!

I need some ideas ladies! What do you guys do when you are going through this sort of thing! I really need some help or encouragement here:)

2 comments:

wholarmor said...

It's hard. I like using the virtual academy because I have everything laid out for me, but sometimes I just want to break out and do our own thing.
A camping trip would be cool. You could do some science studies and teach the kids how to use a map and compass and stuff.

Pure Perseverance said...

Shoot fire, girl! Pass on the knowledge! Seriously, since it's summer, have you overcome your "stuckness"?