Some days I feel like the perfect homeschooling mother. The kids are all learning and loving what they are learning. We are getting so much accomplished! My house is in order. I have so much patience and the kids are so respectful and do whatever mommy tells them too....oh wait was I just day dreaming there:) Then I have weeks like this week where I struggle. I struggle with feeling like I've lost myself again... where I don't feel much like a woman but just lost in my every day routine. I have little patience, the kids are all screaming and sassing and not cooperating. The house looks like a bomb exploded even though I've been cleaning all day....
A couple of days ago when I posted that I was feeling frustrated and then prayed about it. Well I never did post the outcome! God is good and faithfull all the time. We ended up scraping the regular school routine. We did our Bible (we are reading Michael Asks Why") and then we read Sage's book that he has for his Literature class.."A Wrinkle in Time". Then we took a walk in the autumn sun.... it was a nice change. I think the kids enjoyed it and I regained my calm sanity:) A change is good every so often!
I'm really looking forward to my weekend away this weekend...but I feel kinda guilty for being so excited about being away for a crafting weeking with two of my girlfriends with no husband and no kids. I know I will come back a better mother though:)
Well I have to get the kids up, eat and get ready for the day:)
No comments:
Post a Comment