Thursday, October 16, 2008

In the Quiet

Photobucket

I'm sitting here listening to the kids running around sqealing upstairs as daddy try's to get the tucked in to bed...poor guy...and think of how blessed I am! Some days I feel like I'm going crazy with all the screaming and squealing and running around and crazyness that a house with children brings. I long for some peace and quiet...just some silence...it's nice, but only for a little while. I don't know what I will do when they grow up and move out...you get used to their noise...and it get's lonely sometimes when it is quiet for too long.

Children are such a blessing from God! All of their innocence, wonder, imagination, excitement, love and most of all faith. Sometimes I sit there in awe when they say their little prayers and night and think..."Oh how I wish I had faith like them"! They have not doubt in the love and power of Christ! They know that if a toy get's stuck up in a tree, and they pray about it, that it will come back down.

It's in those quiet moments that you really can see your life and God's plan through it all. I love the quiet...but thank God for the noise too!

No comments: