
It's been such a busy week this week! Our transmission went out on our van just as I was literally driving away for my girls only weekend...the one I've been planning for 2 months! Luckily my sweet husband drove me down to where I needed to hook up with the rest of the girls so we could got to the beach:) So then after my FABULOUS weekend... we bought a new car. It was not the right car or the right situation so we took it back. God is so good when you choose his will and way because a couple nights later we ended up with a much better and much cheaper car! I am so excited!
We carved pumpkins last night! My son Micah was so excited because instead of using knives or pumpkin carving tools, his daddy and him used the scroll saw and dremmel tool! Now that is the way to go!!!!
So today I'm feeling like chocolate:) Actually I think I've been feeling like chocolate for the last month and a half. Word of advice... NEVER buy Halloween candy early "because it's on sale"! Why? Because you will have to go buy more anyways and it will cost you more money. I can't even blame the dissappearing candy on my kids or husband....nope...it's me! Those little mini candybars are sooo good though!
Oh and I am so excited! I broke my cookie curse! What's a cookie curse you say? Well it seems that my whole life...no matter what recipe I used, my cookies always came out like big flat pancakes that spread all over the cookie sheets and ran into the oven. It also didn't matter who made the cookies in my house...same result. Well today the curse is broken! I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and they were the most wonderful big chewy crispy cookies ever! Ok so I changed out my cookie sheets and stired the dry ingredients in by hand:) But I can now complete my homemaking duties and make my poor deprived children, wonderful chocolate chip cookies!
One last thing... I am no longer a voting virgin! I am ashamed to say that at 29yrs old I have voted in a presidential election for the first time! I'm so proud of myself!
So a pretty busy and exciting week:) Now on to some chocolate and coffee:)
2 comments:
I had the opposite problem for a long time, my pancakes were just awful gooey wafers! I just learned to make decent pancakes just this year!
Wow! Being a homeschooling mom sounds exciting. For the longest while I haven't done any baking as I work far from home and get too tired for baking. Your cookies sound lovely. Send a few to my blog. Smile.
Post a Comment