Monday, June 7, 2010

Down but not out!!

I'm sitting hear with the laptop on my lap, my foot propped up on a pillow and crutches leaning against my chair! I'm definately down...but not out! I'm getting antsy though!




"What the heck did you do?" you might be thinking... Well I'm tough and competitive and can never turn down an athletic challenge! So I decided to play kickball but was barefoot because I of course couldn't play in platform heals:) Anyways after about 20min of playing and kicking but, I was rounding 3rd base and rolled my ankle. It made this horrible Crack Crack and I hit the ground! My hubby and a friend carried me to the bleachers and my ankle swelled up to the size of a golf ball! I didn't cry though! I was trying really hard to be brave for the kids! Then my hubby came rumbling across the park in our big black truck to pick me up and I swore he was my Knight In Shining Big Black Truck:) We had it looked at at the hospital and I didn't break it but might have torn the ligament. So they put it in a splint and I got crutches.

So here I sit...which is driving me nuts...because I'm a doer! But I'm very thankful for my very helpful children and husband! I am very lucky because my hubby has been amazing! I think he truely enjoys taking care of me and it's good for me to not try to do everything for once:) I sure do appreciate having two legs and will be very greatful when I am all healed:)

So that was my excitment for the weekend:) Now I'm the coolest mom because I have a cast and crutches:) Hopefully not for much longer though!!!