Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fear Not!


"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;" Isaiah 43:1-3

What a powerful verse! I was reading in my Bible Friday evening, searching for some answers to the things I was worrying about and the Lord brought me to this verse! How powerful a promise especially in these economic times! There are so many things I worry about but God has promised that no matter what trials come my way, he will go through them with me! He has a plan and if I trust in Him I will come out stronger on the other side!

I am learning to seek God when I don't know how to handle a situation! I am learning to be meek (though I struggle with this often), and ask God to please change my heart rather then to point out to God why I might be angry with someone or frustrated with a situation! It's so much easier to point out the faults in someone else than to look inward and ask God to change your heart instead. But how liberating it is when you do that. I think, when I come to the conclusion that I can only change myself and not someone else, I can finally get out of Gods way and allow Him to do the work he had planned all along. This is something I am learning daily! I want so much to seek God daily in all I do! To be immersed in His word so He can lead me and I can be the best mother and wife I possibly can!



Our homeschool year is wrapping up this week. Though we really aren't going stop for the summer, just do lighter learning. This week is the kids' last week of classes at Camas River Homelink. They are very excited for the parties they get to have tomorrow:)

My middle son has finished his 1st Grade writing and handwriting for the year. We are planning on starting up his 2nd grade writing in August and his handwriting in September. Over the summer he is going to finish up his phonics (Teach Your Child to Read in 100 EZ Lessons) and his 1st grade Math (Harcourt)...we started it in March but he's almost done. He also is going to start a chapter book for over the summer and start a summer journal to continue his writing. We plan to do fun science projects and continue our literature throughout the summer too.

My littlest one is finishing up her phonics and math also, and her handwriting. She will start her reader in september but we'll work with Dick and Jane over the Summer when she finishes her phonics. They both will start there next grade in math in September.

They are very excited for next year's RHL classes! Micah will be taking Draw, Paint, Sculpt; YMCA-PE or Family Gardening; and Outerspace Adventures. Kaylee will be taking Beginning Violin; YMCA-PE or Family Gardening; and Outerspace Adventures also.

Overall I think this was a good Schoolyear! I didn't get burnout like I did last year, maybe because we are enjoying our curriculum and I revived our workboxes:) But both the kids are enjoying learning and finding a love of reading! Yes!!



I have been driven to purge lately! Thanks to a good friend's influence, I am working on simplifying my home! It is so liberating getting rid of all the clutter and things that we don't need! I have gotten rid of so many bags of trash and things to donate! My house stays cleaner and I sure am less stressed! I'm taking one section or closet or drawer at a time and flinging things out! I have a desire to make my home a restful and stress free place! Where I can spend more time enjoying my family and less time cleaning! I'm also working on being more frugal! Making our own snacks and learning ways to cook healthier food from scratch! We got our garden going and it's doing nicely! My tomato plants are blooming and my corn is getting taller:)

So much on my mind but to many things to do this morning:) I'm so thankful for all that the Lord has blessed me with!

4 comments:

Pure Perseverance said...

Awesome, Tamara! YOu are doing great things! God is in control! You're an inspiration :o).

La Tea Dah said...

What an inspiring blog post! I'm glad your school year was such a success. That always encourages a mother's heart. Blessings for summer days!

LaTeaDah

Pure Perseverance said...

BTW, that is one of my most favorite, favorite verses!

Anonymous said...

Tamara, I can't tell you how much I can relate to your feelings in this blog. I am so glad that I read it! This last week Jeremiah 29:11 has been a big source of strength for me. Ahemm, perhaps I will have to write another blog. It does help to get thoughts and feelings out and I try so much to end them with a positive, even when most of the time I don't FEEl positive : )